Friday, November 04, 2005

When dome lights don't work

Funny thing, but if the wires coming out of the dome light are snipped off after about 4 inches your dome light will not work! That's what I found out last night.

I'll be spending some time tonight and this weekend threading wire through the windshield housing/channel so my interior light finally illuminates. I tried a little bit of wire threading last night but, as always, found myself ill-equiped to do it properly. I think I'll need to use a cable or something else stiffer and more substantial to start the threading.

The window channel is accessible through the trunk in the front near the outer panel. I'll take pictures of some of this if Dad ever needs to do something similar.

Eventually I'll need new door switches so the light goes on and off when the doors open and close. I'll probably get those in an order with some new rubber seals as I threw some weather stripping on various spots of the doors last night.

I'll also consider getting a can of WD40 to spray the hell out of the joints for the heater duct valves to see if I can work those loose. A couple nights ago I tried hammering them loose but I think all I did was bend the arms a bit. Heh heh ... oops! If that fails I'll as VW Man to see what they can do about 'em. Reese and I would love to drive this thing with heat to her family's annual Festivus dinner (pre-thanksgiving for the retirees who migrate south before real Thanksgiving.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home