Saturday, October 29, 2005

Driving the Mighty Mississippi






Pat and I just got back from a beautiful drive up to Mississippi Palasades State Park in Savannah Illinois. What a great day: 68 degrees and not a cloud in the sky. We took the top down when we got to the park where we stopped and had a picnic lunch.








Unfortunately Pat doesn't like the car much and I had to pry her away from her studies to take a drive with me. Well it wasn't that hard!



This would have been a great shot of the car if Pat hadn't gotten in the way. This is a fun place to drive, lots of hills and curves.

I checked the gas milage when we got home. We are getting 28mpg. About half of this is city miles and the other is highway. Problably 25mpg in the city and 30mpg on the highway. Not bad for an old girl.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris Druckenmiller said...

Pretty drive!

But, you know, with that dorky hat Dad always wears ... you two REALLY look like a couple pushing 60 out for a weekend drive in a convertible ... =P

Your loving son who's as old as your Ghia,
Chris

7:28 AM  
Blogger Doug Druckenmiller said...

I'm not sure how to repond to this bit of tripe. But your mother and I are not pushing 60, you are as old as my Ghia and It (despite all its faults) is much better behaved than you are. That hat by the way is an authentic Scottish rally cap and is in keeping with the spirit of adventure engendered by the car. Your just jealous because I look a lot better in my cap than you do in your dress!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home