Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Birth Certificate

Well it finally arrived! I sent an email to the Stiftung Volkswagon AutoMuseum in October requesting the birth certificate and Today it finally arrived. I had my doubts!


Interesting birth date: February 26th, 1973! Chris is just one day older. Guess I'll have to celebrate them together. I've checked the engine number against what's in the back and confirmed that I have the original engine. Amazing how well it runs! The Carburator has been replaced but that's to be expected. The other item of interest is the original color scheme: Bahia red with black leatherette upholstery and a black top. I like the current red and white scheme but it might be interesting to consider a return to the origninal color scheme when I redo the body.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Druckenmiller said...

So, this makes me officially an older brother not just an only child? Should I start feeling more of a sense of responsibility coupled with resentment toward the younger sibling due to no longer being the sole focus of parental attention? =)

7:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home