Monday, November 14, 2005

Christmas come early!

Finally grabbed the three old carbs from Jamie's garage. Here they are!



From left-to-right they're a 28 pict-1, 30 pict-1 and another 28 pict-1 (with the air cleaner on top).

My plan is to use the one on the left to learn on. It's the first to be taken apart, so I'll make my first mistakes of carburetor rebuilding on that and won't hold my breath for it ever living again. But, depending on how that goes I'll either make a serious effort at successfully rebuilding the 30 pict-1 and installing that on my car or I'll try rebuilding the other 28 pict-1 and follow my dream of building a dual carb setup with that and the other one.

Best part, of course, is it's all free! Jamie doesn't need them and would like to see what I end up doing with them. They're predicting up to 8 inches of snow by tomorrow night, so it looks to be that time of year when I won't be driving the Ghia until Spring and I'll have time to really study up on these complex little things.

As a bonus, I found a leather shifter knob in the stash of parts with the Wolfsburg symbol on it!



I asked more than once if Jamie didn't want the shifter knob for himself. He didn't seem to mind letting that one go for nothing, either. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home