Sunday, November 13, 2005

First road trip and possibly last before Spring

Drove our American bulldogs, Boris and Natasha, to their grandparents this weekend for Festivus. Reese joined us later driving her Subaru separately as she had class to finish up and the Ghia would have been a tight fit with both of us and the dogs in there.

The poor dogs don't quite like the Ghia as well as the Legacy, though. Only one can really lie down at a time in the back seat and the front seat is just a tad too small for either of them to comfortably curl up in. But, Natasha can do the front seat at least. Boris can only sit up in it.

Of course, I got lots of thumbs up from people on the drive down. I'm never really sure if it's the car, the dogs or the combination thereof that people admire.

I did a couple speedometer tests on the way down, too. I timed myself around 57 seconds between mile markers while keeping it at 60mph. So, the speedometer's reading a little slower than actual.

Most of the way down I kept it right at or a little below 70. When I checked my milage it was just shy of 26 mpg. Seems to me for that speed (and it could be closer to 75 as my speedometer seems a bit off) that's actually pretty decent mpg. I should be able to get around 30 if I cruise at 60.

I also made sure to check the oil level as there's a very slight leak in the motor. Since the oil change several weeks and about 1000 miles ago I've had to put about 1/4 of a quart of oil in just to make sure it's near the full mark. Not to bad at all. Also impressive is the look of the oil when I checked it yesterday: remarkably clear! Dad's Ghia has just under 50K miles and mine has just under 70K. I'm thinking both of our odometers are reading accurately based on the condition of the motors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home