Thursday, October 27, 2005

And yet again - more parts

Sheesh....I sure glad I'm now getting great gas milage. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford all these parts!


Items :
1 x 837-239 71 74 U - Door Latch Oper Lvr Cover Plate; Blk Pla - Used @
$7.86
1 x 711-717 73 74 RP - Heater Control Cable - Reproduction @ $4.80
1 x 255-355 66 74 RP - Hose; Htr Box to Chassis; 60/60; Left - Reproduction @ $19.95

This time I ordered from KarmannGhia.com so we'll see how they do re: mamotorworks. Their shipping policy is certainly more reasonable.

I did get the first order of parts from mamotorworks all installed. Still have to figure out why the interior light doesn't work. The new door stops work great and went in without much trouble. Only problem is those really tiny spring pins that hold the main pin in place. Now the doors open and stay open without going too far and damaging the paint on the door when it runs into the front fender panel. Things are really starting to shape up.

My gas milage is way up now that gas is not running out the back. I filled the tank yesterday and so far have put 50 miles on the car. The gas guage us just now begining to move off of the more than full position. This is more what I expected. Along with the new gas cap there is nary a whiff of gas in the garage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Druckenmiller said...

I actually found that gas smell rather nostalgic! I might miss it now that it's gone ... um ... nah!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home